- Brother Mfc-J497DW Setup
How To Configure Brother Mfc J497DW Setup?
Brother MFC J497DW is an ideal printer for home and office purposes. It is compact enough to easily fit on your work desk. The printer comes with a scanner equipped with an automated document feeder with decent connectivity options (USB 2.0, Wi-Fi Direct, Apple AirPrint, Mopria Print Services). It works well with Brother’s mobile companion app (Brother iPrint&Scan) so that you can perform most of the tasks directly from your smartphone. You can connect the machine to any wireless network. Let us see the Brother Mfc J497DW Setup in the upcoming section.
Brother Mfc J497DW Unboxing Setup
- Unbox the Brother MFC J497DW printer.
- Remove the packaging materials from the printer and its accessories.
- Firmly connect the power cord between the rear end of the printer and an electric outlet.
- Turn on the printer.
- Use the control panel to set your preferred language, region, date, and time.
- Apart from this, you can make the required changes as per the choice.
Ink Cartridge Installation
- Open the front cover.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Install the ink cartridge into its respective slot.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- Close the front cover.
Paper Loading Steps:
- Close the paper support.
- Pull out the paper tray.
- Open the output tray cover.
- Adjust the paper guides according to the paper size.
- Close the output tray cover.
Tip: Load up to 20 sheets of photo paper (loading more than that can cause paper jams).
Driver Download Steps:
Note: Before going to the below steps, you need to be aware that the driver download and installation steps are similar for both Windows and Mac Operating Systems. We have provided the generic steps that can be helpful in installing the drivers on your PC.
- Turn on your computer and connect it to the Internet.
- Go to your default web browser and land on the printer’s support page.
- Choose your OS family and version and click on the OK button.
- Read the license agreements in the next window and click on Agree to the EULA and Download.
- Click the Download button.
Once you have successfully downloaded the drivers, go on with the driver installation steps.
Driver Installation Steps:
- Navigate to your installer file.
- Double-click on it to begin the installation.
- In the setup wizard window, choose any of the connection types — wired (USB, Ethernet) or wireless network connection.
- Establish a reliable wired connection between the printer and PC.
- Click Next to proceed further.
- When the driver installer window opens, click Continue.
- Read the End-User License Agreements and click the Continue button.
- Click Agree to accept the License Agreement.
- Click Install.
- If prompted, enter the System Administrator username and password, and then click Install Software.
- Choose your Brother printer from the list and click Next.
- Click Add Printer, select your machine, and click Add.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish off the driver installation.
Wireless Setup With Your Router:
- Go to the control panel of your Brother printer.
- Press the Wi-Fi button.
- Select the setup wizard option and press OK.
- When prompted to enable WLAN, press the right arrow.
- Select the SSID or the network name from the list and enter the password.
- Now the Brother printer is connected to your router’s network.
For further queries related to the Brother Mfc J497DW Setup, call our technicians.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.