- Brother Brother MFC-J470DW Showing Offline
Resolving Brother MFC J470dw Printer Offline Issue
An error or a problem can occur at any time when you’re installing or using a printer, and it is a very common thing. “Offline” or “Paused” is a common error encountered by many users. On this page, you’re going to see how to resolve the error “offline” on the Brother MFC-J470DW printer.Before performing the advanced methods, first, try these simple troubleshooting instructions below to fix the Brother MFC J470dw printer offline issue.
As the first step of solving the offline error on your Brother printer, check whether the printer is turned on or not.
- If you find your printer is turned off, turn it on, and then print a test page to check its status. In case the printer fails to turn on even after pressing its Power button, check whether the power cord is connected securely. If necessary, unplug and reconnect the power cord.
- Now, check your printer’s LCD. If you find an error message or code on it, then try to identify its meaning, and clear it. (Note: In most cases, the message “Paper Jam” will be displayed on the screen. In this case, locate the jammed or stuck paper inside your printer and remove it.)
- Ensure that your Brother MFC-J470DW printer is connected to the Windows or Mac computer over a wireless, wired, or USB cable connection.
- Similarly, check to make sure that the latest and compatible version of the printer driver is installed on your computer.
In case the simple troubleshooting instructions above don’t resolve the Brother MFC-J470DW printer offline issue, then try the advanced methods given below.Note: Based on your OS type, the advanced methods might vary. So, try only the method(s) that are provided below for your OS type.
Method 1: Setting your printer as the default printer
If you haven’t set up your Brother printer as the default one on the computer, there is a chance for these kinds of issues to occur. To check and configure your printer as the default one, follow the below instructions.
- From the Control Panel window of your Windows computer, select the Hardware and Sound option.
- Click on the Devices and Printers menu in the opened window.
- Now, locate your Brother printer and check whether there is a checkmark beside it. If not, it means your printer is not set as the default printer.
- To set your Brother printer as the default one, right-click on it and select the Set as default printer option.
- If prompted, type your computer’s password in the given field.
- Now, check if the offline error is resolved. If not, perform the next method.
Method 2: Deleting queued print jobs
- In the Devices and Printers window, select and right-click on your printer.
- Click See what’s printing > Printer > Cancel All Documents.
- If the Cancel All Documents option is grayed out, click on the Open As Administrator option and type your Windows computer’s administrative password in the given field.
- Now, check if the “Brother MFC-J470DW printer offline” issue is resolved. If not, perform the next method.
Method 2: Deselecting “Use Printer Offline” or “Pause Printing”
- Go to the Printer tab of your Brother printer.
- This time, click on the Use Printer Offline or Pause Printing option if it is selected. This action will disable the selected option.
- If prompted, type your computer password in the given field.
Installing the correct Brother printer driver
- If you have installed the AirPrint driver instead of CUPS, you may encounter these kinds of printer issues when using it. To check and install the correct printer driver, follow the instructions below.
- Open the System Preferences screen.
- Click Print & Scan.
- Now, in the opened window, select your printer and go to the Print tab.
- If you find the AirPrint driver under the Location section, then click the Add icon below the Printers section and install the CUPS driver by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- After installing the CUPS driver, check if the offline issue is resolved.
If the Brother MFC J470dw printer offline issue still remains, click the Call button to get advanced technical support in resolving it.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.