- Brother Mfc-7820n Printing Issue
Brother Mfc-7820n Printing Issue
While you try to print from your computer, you might face some issues and sometimes, the printer will just stay offline. You can resolve these kinds of printing issues on Brother MFC-7820N by performing the following troubleshooting steps.
Check if your printer is turned on
If your printer’s LCD is blank, this means that the printer is not turned on. In that case, power up the printer by pressing the Power button.
Now, make sure the power cable is correctly plugged into a working socket and the printer’s rear port.
- Also, ensure that there are no error messages on the LCD panel.
- If you see any errors like Paper Jam or Ink/Toner Empty, resolve them before proceeding to the steps given below.
Verify the connection between the printer and a computer
- If you have established the connection between the printer and your computer using a USB cable, check if it is properly connected at both ends.
- Likewise, in case of a wired network connection, ensure that the Ethernet cable is securely connected to the printer and your router.
- You should not use a hub for the connection.
- Check if the Brother MFC-7820N printing issue has been resolved. If the problem is not resolved, continue with the remaining troubleshooting steps.
Set as the default printer
On Windows 8 or later:
Launch the Control Panel screen.
- Click the Hardware and Sound option.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
Right-click your printer icon and choose Set as default printer.
On Windows 7
Click the Start icon and choose the Devices and Printers option.
Once you right-click your printer icon, select the Set as default printer option and check if the Brother MFC-7820N printing issue has been fixed
Access the Apple menu and click the System Preferences option.
Select the Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners option.
- Choose the Brother MFC-7820N printer, navigate to the Kind section, check the driver being used.
- If the AirPrint printer driver has been selected, follow the steps to add the CUPS printer driver.
- In the Print & Scan window, click the Add or plus icon.
- Click the Default button on the top.
- Choose your printer name from the Name drop-down menu.
- Make sure X CUPS is selected from the Use drop-down menu.
- Note: Replace X with your printer model.
- Click the Add button.
- If you cannot add the CUPS printer driver, download and install the Full Driver & Software Package on your Mac computer.
- Once done, check if the Brother MFC-7820N printing issue has been resolved.
Delete all printer jobs
On Windows 7 or later
In the Devices and Printers window, search for your printer and right-click it.
- In the Printer tab, click the Cancel All Documents option.
- Note: If this option is greyed out, select the Open As Administrator option. Type your admin password and click the Yes button.
Check the printer status
Launch Devices and Printers on your Windows computer.
Find your printer icon and right-click it.
Choose the See what’s printing option.
- Click Printer and remove the checkmark beside the Use Printer Offline option.
- If you cannot resolve the Brother MFC-7820N printing issue, get technical assistance from our support member.