- Why My Brother MFC 7360n Printer Shows Offline?
How To Rectify Brother MFC 7360n Printer Offline Issue?
Brother MFC 7360N is a small monochrome printer that is the perfect fit for your home or small office. This basic multi-function printer can print and scan when connected to the PC over a network. The printer offers a proper balance of speed, print outputs, quality, size, and other functions. If you are facing Brother MFC 7360n printer offline issue, follow the simple steps below.
Some of the basic features of the printer are:
- Single-sheet manual feed
In some situations, the Brother MFC 7360N printer might go through some issues. One of the basic problems is the Brother MFC 7360N printer going offline. If you are going to print from a document on your computer, you won’t be allowed to print unless the printer is online. There are several reasons behind the printer going offline, but the solutions are quite easy to work on. Have a read on the troubleshooting methods, and these can come in handy anytime in the near future.
Before proceeding with the actual troubleshooting methods to resolve the offline error, here are some points to look at:
- You have to make sure that the Brother printer is powered on, and there are no sorts of errors being displayed on the control panel of the printer.
- See if the printer is getting a proper power supply. The problem could also be due to power failure or low voltage.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and see if it works again.
- If you are using a wired connection (USB), you need to check if the USB cable is properly connected between the Brother printer and the computer.
- If you are working with an Ethernet cable, make sure the ends of the cable are connected between the router or the modem and the Brother printer.
Method 1: Uninstall the printer driver and install it again
This is a simple troubleshooting method. An outdated printer driver can be one of the many reasons why the printer goes offline. A standard way of updating the driver is to uninstall and reinstall it. Here’s how it’s done.
For Windows users
- Open the Settings window (Windows + I).
- Click the Apps option.
- A window will open with all the apps.
- Select the Brother driver and click the Uninstall button.
- Open the official support page for the Brother printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Windows radio button from the Select OS Family section.
- Select the version of Windows from the Select OS Version section. Click the OK button.
- Scroll down the page and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
For Mac Users
- Click the Apple icon on the screen.
- Select System Preferences.
- Click the Print & Scan option.
- The printer driver installed on your computer will appear.
- Select the Brother printer driver and click the – icon.
- Open the support page for the Brother MFC 7360N printer.
- Once the page opens, click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Mac OS and the version of the Mac from the options as seen on the screen; click the OK button.
- Scroll on the page and click Full Software Package under the Full Software Package section.
- When the page opens, scroll down and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Run the installation for the driver and add the Brother MFC 7360N printer to the computer.
You will no longer find the Brother MFC 7360n printer offline issue. If the issue persists, proceed with the other methods.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.