- Brother MFC 5890CN printer offline
Brother MFC 5890CN printer offline To Online?
Brother MFC-5890CN is an All-in-One Color InkJet printer that enables you to print large-size files. The device performs all the functions, such as printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. The device can be connected via Ethernet cable, USB cable, and it also supports a memory card. Though the printer has many admirable features, it goes through some technical issues, and one among them is the printer going offline. It is one of the standard errors that occur due to a poor network connection, defects in the USB cable, outdated driver, etc.
Steps to fix Brother MFC 5890CN printer offline
Restart the device
Check for any errors that are displayed on the printer screen. Such an error might cause the printer offline issue. If there is any error, try to fix it by troubleshooting according to the error. If there is no error, try restarting the printer. Restarting is one of the troubleshooting processes that can help get the printer online.
Check on the connectivity
- Make sure that the Brother printer is connected properly to the computer via a USB cable and check if there is any defect in the cable. Using a defective USB cable will result in the Brother MFC 5890CN printer going offline.
- Try disconnecting the USB cable and connecting it to another port. If it does not work, try changing the USB cable and connect it again. Now, run a test print.
Set as default printer
- Check whether the Brother MFC 5890CN printer is listed on the Devices and Printers page. If not, then check on the printer driver. If the problem remains, set the printer as the default machine on your computer.
- Open the Control Panel and choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Ensure that the printer is listed on the page and right-click on the Brother MFC 5890CN printer.
- From the displayed options, choose Set as default printer.
- Now, run a test print and ensure that the printer goes online.
Disable the Use Printer Offline option
- Go to Devices and Printers located under Control Panel.
- Locate your Brother printer and right-click on it.
- Select the See what’s printing option.
- In the opened window, click the Printer tab.
- See whether the Use Printer Offline option is selected. If yes, deselect it now.
- The above procedure should get your printer back to the online state.
Update the driver
In case the above methods fail, check on the Brother MFC 5890CN printer driver. Using an outdated version of the printer software will result in the printer going offline. So, try installing the latest version of the software.
- Open the Control Panel and choose the Programs and Features option.
- Select the Brother printer from the list and select Uninstall.
- Now, go to the Brother official web page and search for the Brother MFC 5890CN printer.
- Select the required driver and download the software that supports your OS.
- Install the software and run a test print.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.