- Brother MFC 5890CN Goes Offline
Why My Brother MFC 5890CN Printer Offline?
Is your Brother MFC 5890CN printer offline? Then you have to troubleshoot the printer to continue printing/scanning. Several factors might be causing issues with your printer status. Follow the quick steps given below to bring your printer back online.
Solution 1: Physical Check
- First, you have to check if your printer has been turned off. If so, you cannot print or scan any documents remotely from the connected computer.
- Turn on your printer and try printing a test page to resolve this error.
- If your printer has been put into sleep mode, press any keys on the printer’s control panel to wake it up.
- Check the USB or Wi-Fi connection between your printer and the computer.
- Ensure that you have firmly connected the USB cable to the printer’s USB port and the USB port of your computer/laptop.
- If you have connected them wirelessly, make sure there are no Wi-Fi interference and place your printer closer to the router for increased signal strength.
Solution 2: Manually Bring Back Your Printer Online On Windows
- On your Windows computer, open the Control Panel app and click the Hardware and Sound tab.
- Select the Devices and Printers option and locate your printer’s icon from the list of devices displayed on the screen.
- Right-click on your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
- Once again, right-click on your printer’s icon and select the Set as default printer option to configure your printer as the default printer on your computer.
- Clear all the print jobs from the print queue and try printing a test page remotely from your computer to check if the Brother MFC 5890CN printer’s offline problem has been resolved.
- If still the Brother MFC 5890CN printer offline issue persists, remove and reinstall the printer driver on your computer.