- Fix: Brother Mfc 495cw Printer Offline
Brother Mfc 495cw Printer Offline
Brother MFC 495CW is a wireless All-in-One printer with the duplex printing feature. The printer is quite compact with a 100-sheet adjustable paper tray. It can easily print at a speed of 12 pages per minute for black and 6 pages per minute for color. The physical features make the printer one of the best for home or small office use. It is equipped with a compact 1.8-inch touch screen to simplify your work.With the wide range of user-friendly features mentioned, the printer might go through some malfunctions as well. One such hassle we are going to discuss is the Brother MFC 495CW printer going offline. This Brother Mfc 495cw Printer Offline error is quite common with printers and can be easily solved with some of the easiest troubleshooting methods.
Have a look at these steps to ensure an easy solving process:
- Make sure the MFC printer is connected to the power source and is turned on.
- Make sure there is a stable power source in your home or office.
- Check for error messages like paper jams, paper feed, or replace the toner cartridge if necessary.
- If you have the Brother printer connected via USB, make sure the cable is secure between the Brother MFC 495CW printer and the computer (Windows or Mac).
If the mentioned steps didn’t turn out to be successful, here are some of the methods you can consider to solve the Brother Mfc 495cw Printer Offline error.
Fix 1: Make Brother Mfc 495cw As Default Printer
If the printer is not default, this can be the scenario for it to go offline. If you are working with Windows 8 or 10, you can make the Brother printer Default by the following steps.
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click the option Devices and Printers.
- Do a right-click on the Brother printer and select the option Set as default printer.
Fix 2: Delete Print Jobs
The next method would be to delete all the pending print jobs you have saved on the Brother printer.
- Open the Control panel on your computer.
- In the Control Panel window, click the Hardware and Sound option and then click the option Devices and Printers.
- Do a right-click on the Brother MFC 495CW printer and select the option See what’s printing.
- Delete the pending print jobs in the list.
These steps for Windows will help you in resolving the Brother MFC 495CW printer offline issue.
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer.
- When the list opens, click the System Preferences option.
- Select either the Print & Scan option or Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the Brother printer that is offline from the list of printers on the left section.
- Click the Print tab.
- Below the printer, you will find three sections.
- In the Kind: section, make sure the Brother MFC 495CW printer is seen.
- At the bottom, click the Default Printer drop-down list and select the Brother printer from the list.
Fix 3: Configure Printer Properties
- Open Control Panel.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the Brother printer from the list.
- Do a right-click on the printer and click the Printer Properties option.
- Click the Ports tab and click the Configure Port button at the bottom right corner.
- Click the checkbox to uncheck SNMP Status Enabled (only if the option is ticked).
- Click the OK button to save changes.
This method is an easy fix to resolve the Brother Mfc 495cw Printer Offline issue.
Fix 4: Start Print Spooler
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field; press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service.
- Perform a right-click and select the Restart option.
Fix 5: Uninstall And Install Printer Driver
- Open the Settings window (Windows + I).
- Click the Apps option.
- A window will open with all the apps installed on your device.
- Select the Brother MFC 495CW printer driver and click the Uninstall button.
- Open the Brother support page for the Brother MFC 495CW printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Windows radio button from the Select OS Family section.
- Select the version of Windows from the Select OS Version section. Click the OK button.
- Scroll down the page and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- The driver will be downloaded.
- Follow the commands on the screen and complete the installation.
Follow the troubleshooting steps and methods described in this troubleshooting article to permanently fix the Brother Mfc 495cw Printer Offline issue.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.