- Brother Mfc 490cw Printer Shows Offline
How To Solve Brother Mfc 490cw Printer Offline?
Is your Brother MFC 490CW printer offline while working? Then, read this article thoroughly to recover from the issue. Brother MFC 490CW is a Wireless All-in-One printer that comes with color InkJet printing technology. Though it has many admirable features, the offline problem is one of the standard errors that occur due to technical issues like network connection issues, outdated drivers, errors in settings, etc. Let us see how to fix the problem of the Brother MFC 490CW printer going offline.
Steps To Fix The Brother Mfc 490cw Printer Offline Issue
Check on the USB cable
Make sure that you check if there is an error displayed on the printer screen. If any error is displayed, then try troubleshooting the respective error. If not, then check on the USB cable. Using a defective USB cable will also result in the printer going offline. So, try changing the USB cable or USB port and make sure that the printer goes online.
Set as default printer
Make sure that the Brother MFC 490CW printer is listed in the Devices and Printers section. If not, then there must be an issue regarding the printer driver. Try updating the printer driver and run a test print. Using outdated drivers will also result in your printer going offline. To set the printer as default, follow these steps:
- Click the Start menu and select the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on the Brother MFC 490CW printer and choose the Set as default printer option.
- Check whether the printer status is visible under the printer. If it shows resume, then click Resume and run a test print.
Check on the Internet connection
If the device has a poor connection, there is a chance that the printer might go offline. So, make sure that the printer is placed within the Wi-Fi network range and check whether the connection is strong. If not, then change the Wi-Fi router and try printing.
Ensure that the Use Printer Offline option is disabled. If not, then disable it to make the printer return to the online state.
- Click the Start menu and go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click on the Brother MFC 490CW printer and choose See what’s printing.
- In the opened window, select the Printer tab.
- Check whether the Use Printer Offline option is disabled. If not, then disable it and restart the device.
- Now, run a test print and make sure that the printer goes online.
To get more assistance on resolving Brother Mfc 490cw Printer Offline problem, CALL us and get instant solutions.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.