- Brother Printer Offline Issue
Troubleshoot Brother HL 5470DW Printer Offline Issue
Your printer might go offline if it is unable to communicate with your PC. If you are a Brother HL 5470DW printer user, and your printer goes offline, check out this article and follow the troubleshooting methods to fix the printer offline issue.Your Brother HL 5470DW printer offline issue occur due to various reasons like using an outdated printer driver, poor Internet connection, defective cable, etc.
Troubleshooting Methods To Fix Brother Printer Offline Problem
Set As The Default Printer
- Make sure that your Brother HL 5470DW printer is set as the default printer.
- Check whether your Brother HL 5470DW printer is connected to your Windows computer.
- Click Start on your Windows computer and select the Control Panel option.
- Select Hardware and Sound and choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Make sure that the Brother HL 5470DW printer is listed on the page.
- Right-click on the printer and choose the Set as default printer option from the list.
- Once selected, restart your computer.
- Once it resumes, take a test print and make sure that the Brother HL 5470DW printer offline is fixed.
Disable Use Printer Offline
- Check whether your printer screen shows any error regarding the printer going offline.
- If it shows any error, check for the troubleshooting steps for the particular error.
- If the printer screen shows no error, go to the Control Panel section.
- Choose the Hardware and Sound option and select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the Brother HL 5470DW printer.
- Choose the See what’s printing option.
- In the following window, click on the Printer tab.
- Check whether the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down menu is disabled.
- If not, disable it.
- Once disabled, restart the computer and make sure that the Brother HL 5470DW printer offline is fixed.
Check Your Internet Connection
- Connecting the printer to a poor Internet connection will result in the printer going offline.
- Also, make sure that the Brother HL 5470DW printer is placed within the Wi-Fi router network range.
- If not, place it within the Wi-Fi network range.
- If the problem persists, disconnect the power cable from the printer.
- Wait for a few minutes and reconnect it to the printer.
- Make sure that you provide the correct SSID details while connecting and check whether the printer goes online.
- If the problem still continues, change the Wi-Fi router and connect it to your printer.
- Ensure that this method fixes the Brother HL 5470DW printer offline problem.
Uninstall And Reinstall The Printer Driver
If any of the above methods does not fix the issue, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Using an outdated printer driver will result in the printer going offline.
- Go to Control Panel and choose the Programs and Features option.
- Search and locate the Brother printer driver from the list.
- Once selected, click Uninstall.
- Go to the Brother official web page after uninstalling the driver.
- Search and locate the printer driver on the Brother HL 5470DW printer support page.
- Make sure that you download the latest version of the driver that supports your OS.
- Install and launch the driver and take a test print.
- Make sure that the Brother HL 5470DW printer Offline issue is fixed.