- Brother Hl 3170cdw Printer Offline?
Brother Hl 3170cdw Printer Offline
Working with the Brother HL-3170CDW digital color wireless printer is cool, but sometimes, you may not be able to print any documents if the printer status is offline. You can notice your printer status in the Windows Control Panel. If your Brother HL-3170CDW printer is offline, check if the connection between your printer and computer is stable. You won’t be able to continue printing on your printer until the status is changed to online. To know how to get your printer back online, follow these steps.
Solution 1: Basic troubleshooting
- First, check if your printer is turned on.
- Check for any error messages on the LCD panel.
- If your printer is turned off, check the power cord and restart your printer.
- Next, check if the USB cable is firmly connected at both end ports.
- If you have connected your printer and computer over a Wi-Fi network, check the Wi-Fi status.
- To detect and repair the network issues automatically, use the Brother Network Repair Utility.
Solution 2: Set printer as default
This method might look simple, but it is pretty effective. If you have not yet set your Brother HL-3710CDW printer as default on your Windows computer, there will be no green checkmark on your printer’s icon, and it may lead to the offline issue. So, follow these steps to make your printer the default machine.
- Open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Locate your printer’s icon from the displayed list.
- Right-click the printer’s icon and select the Set as default printer option.
- Now, you can see a green checkmark on your printer’s icon.
If your Brother HL-3170CDW printer status is still offline, execute the next solution.
Solution 3: Disable Use Printer Offline
- Open Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Give a right-click on your printer’s icon.
- Select the See what’s printing option from the pop-up menu.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
Now, the Brother HL-3170CDW printer offline issue should be resolved.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.