- Brother HL 2240 Printer Offline
Fixed: Brother HL 2240 Printer Offline
Expecting a fast print speed and high-quality output from the Brother HL 2240 printer is quite normal, and of course, it meets that expectation. But, in some situations, the printer might trouble you with some common or unexpected errors. Such errors include poor print quality, offline problems, or paper jam issues. Among them, the printer offline problem is the most obvious error. Check this page to resolve the Brother HL 2240 Printer Offline problem.
Resolving Brother HL 2240 Printer Offline Problem
- Whenever the printer troubles you with some error, you need to identify what causes the error. In your case, you know what the problem is with your printer. It goes offline regularly or occasionally. So, bring it online.
- What should you do now? Check whether the printer is turned on.
- Additionally, check whether the power cable is securely connected at both ends. If not, disconnect the power cord from the printer and reconnect it.
- Secondly, disable the Use Printer Offline option. It mostly fixes the problem and is the most recommended solution.
Disabling Use Printer Offline
- Go to the Control Panel window on your Windows computer.
- Navigate to Devices and Printers.
- Locate and right-click the printer icon and then select See what’s printing.
- Select the Printer menu and then see if the Use Printer Offline option is checked or not. If it is selected, deselect it now.
By deleting the print jobs, you might fix the Brother HL 2240 Printer Offline problem. Don’t know how to delete print jobs? Refer to the steps given below.
Deleting the print jobs
- On your Windows computer, go to Control Panel.
- Navigate to Devices and Printers. In that section, locate and right-click the Brother HL 2240 printer icon.
- Select See what’s printing and then click the Printer menu.
- Click the Cancel All Documents option. This action deletes the print jobs. Check if the offline printer problem is resolved.
Still not satisfied with the solution? No worries. You can restart the Print Spooler service on your Windows computer to troubleshoot the offline printer problem.
Restarting the Print Spooler
- Before you begin, log in with Administrative privileges on your computer.
- Click the Start menu.
- Type “services” in the search bar. From the search results, select the Services option.
- Otherwise, press the Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type “services.msc” in the text field and then hit the Enter key.
- In the window that pops up, select the Print Spooler service and then right-click on it.
- Choose the Stop option. The Service Control window appears on the screen. You’ll see a progress bar that indicates that the Printer Spooler is attempting to stop the service.
After a few minutes, restart the Print Spooler by clicking the Start menu.
After a few minutes, restart the Print Spooler by clicking the Start menu. Now check whether the Brother HL 2240 Printer Offline issue is solved.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.