- Brother J315W printer offline
Brother DCP J315W printer offline
The Brother DCP J315W printer is a wireless multifunctioning printer that comes with color InkJet printer technology. The device enables you to print, scan, and copy. It also helps to connect the printer with any device over a wireless network. The Brother DCP J315W printer going offline is one of the common issues. It happens due to technical errors like outdated drivers, connectivity issues, etc. Let us see how to fix the issue of the Brother DCP J315W Printer Offline.
Steps to fix Brother DCP J315W printer offline
Check the Errors
Check if the DCP J315W printer screen or display shows any error regarding why the printer has gone offline. If yes, then follow the troubleshooting steps for the particular issue. If you cannot find the cause, then simply restart the printer. Restarting the printer as well as the Wi-Fi router will help solve the issue of the printer going offline.
Set as default printer
Check whether the DCP J315W printer is placed within the Wi-Fi network range if it is connected wirelessly. If everything seems fine, check if the Brother printer is listed on the Devices and Printers page. If not, then check on the driver.
- Click Start and choose Devices and Printers in the Control Panel window.
- Make sure that the Brother printer is listed on the Devices and Printers page.
- Right-click on the Brother printer and choose the Set as default printer option.
- Once the printer is set as the default one, check if it has returned to the online state.
Check on the properties
If the printer goes offline, there may be another reason, such as errors in settings. So change the properties and ensure that the printer goes online. If this does not work, check if the Use Printer Offline option is disabled.
- Go to the Control Panel window and right-click on your Brother printer under Devices and Printers. Select the See what’s printing option.
- Choose the Printer tab and make sure that the Use Printer Offline option is disabled. If not, then disable it and make sure that the printer goes online.
Update the driver
If any of the above methods do not work, then try updating the printer driver. Using an outdated printer driver will result in the printer going offline. In order to uninstall the printer driver and reinstall the latest version, follow these steps. Using the corrupted version may also end up in the printer going offline.
- Open the Control Panel and choose Programs and Features.
- Search and locate the Brother DCP J315W printer driver from the list and click Uninstall.
- Now, open the official web page of Brother and search for the printer driver.
- Download the latest version of the software that supports your OS.
- Install the software after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Now, verify that the printer goes online. Now we have seen how to fix Brother DCP J315W Printer Offline issue.