Ink Cartridges Interchangeable
Are HP 63 And 65 Ink Cartridges Interchangeable?
No. The HP 63 and 65 cannot be interchanged. The printer that supports HP 63 Black or Tri-color cartridge may not support HP 65 and 65 XL Black and Tri-color cartridge. Moreover, ink cartridges may vary according to the region. Use only recommended ink cartridges for your printer to get the best results.
How to know HP 63 and 65 Ink Cartridges are Interchangeable or Not?
- Turn on your computer if it is on Sleep mode.
- Open a new tab on your web browser.
- Type https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01766411 in the address bar and press Enter.
- View the list of printers.
- Click the + icon and find your printer model.
- Check the list of compatible cartridges that support your printer.
- Contact the HP store to buy compatible cartridges.
- Purchase and install genuine compatible HP ink cartridges.
Steps to Know Which Printer Supports HP 63 and HP 65 Ink Cartridges
- Once you come to know that ink level is low or empty in the installed cartridges, buy a new cartridge to replace the empty ones. Before you buy a new cartridge, ensure that you get a compatible cartridge that supports your printer.
- To find which ink cartridge supports your printer, open a new tab on your browser and visit https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01766411. Click the + icon to pick your printer from the list of available devices. Based on the region/Country, the ink cartridges may vary.
- HP 63 Black and Tri-color cartridges and HP 63XL Black and Tri-Color ink cartridges can be used by HP Envy 4510 & HP Envy 4520 All-in-One , HP Officejet 3830 All-in-One, HP Officejet 4650 All-in-One, HP Officejet 5200 All-in-One.
- HP 65, 65 XL Black, and Tri-Color cartridges can be only used by the HP Envy 5000 All-in-One, HP OfficeJet 202 Mobile All-in-One.
- So it is evident that the HP 63, 63 XL Black and Tri-Color cartridges and the HP 65, 65 XL Black and Tri-Color cartridges cannot be interchanged. If they are interchanged, the cartridge may not be compatible with your printer, and may cause printer malfunction.
- Check once before you are going order the ink cartridges on HP Store. If you are buying the HP ink cartridge from a nearest store or local retailer, inquire the seller about cartridge compatibility with your printer. After purchasing the compatible cartridge, unwrap it from the packaging.
- Remove the cartridge that you need to replace after opening the cartridge access door. Install the unwrapped, new cartridge into the slot. Place the Black and Tri-Color cartridge into the respective slot by matching the color code on the slots and cartridge. Shut the cartridge access door after installing the cartridge. Hold until the printer aligns the cartridges and prints the alignment page.