- HDMI cable error on Amazon prime video
Amazon prime video HDMI cable error?
An HDMI cable is capable of transmitting video and audio signals. It helps you simplify the home entertainment or gaming setup by replacing multiple wires with a single cable. There are multiple reasons, like poor connection, bad connectors, the differences in video resolution between two devices can lead to the HDMI cable error. On this page, we have discussed some of the best troubleshooting methods that can help to fix the Amazon Prime Video HDMI cable error.
CHECK THE INPUT SOURCE OF YOUR DEVICE:
Most modern age TVs have an Input or Source button that gives you the flexibility to switch between different ports of your TV.
- You need to set the Source on your TV to the same port to which you have connected the device; failing to do so will result in HDMI errors.
- In case you are not sure of which input source to select, look at the back of your TV and confirm the port to which you have connected the device.
DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT HDMI CABLE:
- Sometimes, a bad connection can cause the HDMI cable error.
- It is quite possible that you might not have plugged the HDMI cable firmly into the ports.
- To be on the safer side, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable to the respective ports.
TRY USING A DIFFERENT HDMI PORT OR HDMI CABLE:
- If your TV has several HDMI ports, then try connecting the HDMI cable to another port.
- If you are still experiencing the HDMI cable error, there might be some issues with the HDMI ports.
- Apart from this, have a look at the physical condition of the HDMI cable.
- Breaks, bends, and exposed wires are some of the reasons for the occurrence of the HDMI cable error.
- A damaged cable can cause some unusual errors on your network device.
- Each HDMI cable is made for a specific purpose. It is designed to handle different resolutions and different bandwidths.
- To escape from such problems, try out a different HDMI cable and see whether the error persists or is gone.
CHECK FOR FIRMWARE UPDATES:
- It is always advised to update your network device with the latest firmware for a better user experience.
- These updates can lead to performance improvements, security enhancements, new features, bug fixes, and much more.
- So, it is always recommended to keep the software up to date.
- After updating the device, check whether the Amazon Prime Video HDMI error persists or is gone.
FACTORY RESET YOUR TV:
If none of the solutions has solved the Amazon Prime video HDMI cable error, then factory reset can help you solve the issue. Keep in mind that the factory reset method will restore your TV to its original settings. It will erase all the settings you have made from the beginning. We have mentioned the generic steps which will be helpful in factory resetting your device.
- Unplug the power cable of your TV from the power source.
- Wait patiently for a few minutes and plug the power cable into the power source.
- If the TV doesn’t start automatically, press the Power button to turn it on.
- Wait till the TV boots completely.
- Press and hold on to the UP arrow button and Power button to reset the TV.
- Ensure that there is no interference between the TV and its remote.
- Once the TV turns on completely, you will see the initial setup screen.
- Toggle through the on-screen instructions and set up your Amazon account.
- Once the factory reset process is completed, check whether this method has fixed the Amazon Prime Video HDMI cable error on your TV.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.