- AirPrint Setup
What Is AirPrint
Airprint Setup is a feature that enables the user to connect to the printer wirelessly. The Apple devices having ios version above v4.2 supports the Airprint app. In order to use this feature, you should have an Apple device to print, also the printer should support mobile printing . There is no special driver required to download as the printer only requires to be connected to any wireless network. When connecting to a wireless network, you have to make sure that the printer and the Apple device is connected to the same wireless network.
Is AirPrint Secure
Apple devices are considered to be one of the secured devices.Even, to connect the printer to Apple devices, the printer has to go through a long authentication process. The printer requires a password to connect, if not ,the printer cannot access the Apple device. Apple uses Bonjour that implies zero networking protocols. Bonjour was designed for easy configuration of the network.
What Is An AirPrint Printer
Airprint is a feature that supports wireless connectivity only with Apple devices. The printer only has to be connected to a wireless network to which the device is connected. Once the Airprint setup of the printer is complete, you can give the command to print from the device. The Airprint app supports ios devices above v4.2 to print from the printer.
Best All In One AirPrint Printer 2018
The printer that supports AirPrint are:
- Epson Ecotank ET-3600
- Canon Pixma TS6050
- HP Envy 5540 All-in-One printer
- Brother HL-L2340DW
- HP Laserjet Pro M477fdw
- Epson SureColor P600
- HP Deskjet 2130 All-in-One printer
- Hp Officejet 250
- Canon PIXMA iP110
- HP Deskjet 2655
HP AirPrint Setup
- Connect the power socket to the printer and switch it on.
- Turn on the Wireless connectivity button on the printer if it has any.
- Tap on the Settings option if the printer has a touch panel in order to connect it to a wireless network.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi network of the printer and make sure that it is connected to the network.
- Connect your phone to the same wireless network to which the printer is connected.
- Open the document that has to be printed on the iOS device through any application.
- Make sure that the printer has enough papers left in the paper tray.
- Ensure that the printer has enough ink left in the ink cartridge.
- Before taking a print, you can edit the document or photo and also, you can select a color or black and white print based on your need.
- Select the required number of copies and tap on Print.
How Does AirPrint Work
- Airprint supports only if the printer has wireless network connectivity.
- The iOS device version should be above v4.2 for AirPrint to work.
- AirPrint works only when the printer is connected to a wireless network.
- Ensure that the iOS device is connected to the same wireless network to which the printer is connected.
- To print the document or photo, open the document or photo on any application.
- Tap the Action button on the AirPrint app.
- The action button has numerous list of options in which the user has to select the Print option.
- When the print option is selected, the app gives you the option of selecting the mode (portrait/ landscape) for printing.
- You can edit the document or photo and also select the number of copies that you desire to print.
- Tap on the Print option and wait for the printer to complete the print job.
How To Print From iPhone Without Airprint
- There are many alternative ways to print from an iPhone without Airprint.
- Download the document on your computer.
- To download the document, connect your iPhone to the computer and download it.
- Connect the printer to your computer and print from it.
- There are many different apps available for iPhone users on the App Store.
- Search for Printopia, handyPrint, and PrinterPro on the app store.
- These apps work in a similar manner as the AirPrint app works.
- After you download the app, make sure that the printer is connected to the same network to which the iPhone is connected.
- Check if your printer supports the Bluetooth feature, and then connect the printer to your iPhone to take a print.
- Check if your printer has its own email address, with which you can print easily.
What Is AirPrint Brother
Airprint Brother is for those users who use brother printer. Unlike many other printers, the app can print documents and photos directly without the need of any cables to connect the printer. The Airprint feature of brother printer also lets you send FAX directly from the device, and this feature can only be found in a few printer models.
What Is AirPrint Epson
The AirPrint feature, in Epson allows you to print from anywhere using your iOS device. There is no need to download any drivers to use the AirPrint feature. The Airprint app is available on iOS devices above v4.2. With just a few taps, you can print not only documents or, photos but also print emails from the browser.
Do Airprint Printers Need Wifi
Wi-Fi plays a major role in Airprint. Only when the printer is connected to Wi-Fi, you can use the AirPrint feature. If the printer and the device are not connected to each other, then AirPrint may not work. So, it is advisable to connect the printer to Wi-Fi in-order to use the AirPrint feature.
Where To Find AirPrint On iPhone
AirPrint can be accessed from mail, Safari, and photos. There are other third-party apps that also support Airprint. To access the Airprint feature you have to tap on the Action button, where a list options will pop up.Choose the Print option and the user can tap on it to print anything.
HP Airprint Not Working
When your Airprint stops working, it can include several problems, such as your iOS device version is below V4.2 or the printer wont have been connected to a wireless network etc.
- HP Airprint may not work sometimes. Make sure that it is configured properly.
- To solve this problem, make sure that the printer is connected to a network connection.
- Also, the device should be connected to the same network of the printer.
- Ensure that the printer is switched on and is connected to the device.
- Check the iOS version of the device, make sure the iOS version is above v4.2.
- Try connecting you iOS device to a printer that supports Airprint and try printing.
AirPrint Printers Found
This error can occur because of some technical error. Ensure that everything is connected properly and is working.
- Ensure that the printer is not turned off., If so, turn it on.
- Ensure that the printer is connected to a network.
- Ensure that the printer supports AirPrint Setup.
- Configure your settings, and try connecting the printer again.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi is turned on and is working.