- Airpods Not Connecting To Mac
How To Airpods Not Connecting To Mac?
worry, follow the method given here to solve the Airpods Not Connecting To Mac issue and connect your AirPods to your Mac.
What version of macOS due you have on your computer?
Does the version of the macOS matter? Yes. If you are using the second-generation AirPods, then you should have macOS 10.14.4 or later on your Mac computer. If the AirPods belong to the first generation, then you must be using macOS Sierra or later.
Step 1: Check the macOS and upgrade if needed
If your AirPods are not connecting to your Mac computer, then the first check should be the OS on your computer. Follow the steps given below to verify and upgrade your macOS.
- Click the Apple menu icon at the top of the desktop.
- Click the About This Mac option and check the OS version.
- If it is not compatible with the AirPod — as mentioned above — then again click the Apple menu.
- Click on the System Preferences option and then select the Software Update option.
- You can also upgrade the OS on your Mac computer by selecting the App Store option from the Apple menu drop-down list.
- Then, by clicking on the Free Upgrade button, you can download and upgrade macOS.
Step 2: Turn on Bluetooth on your Mac
- Choose the Apple menu located in the taskbar and select System Preferences.
- Click the Bluetooth icon and open the Bluetooth window.
- If Bluetooth is not ON, click the Turn Bluetooth On button.
Step 3: Forget your AirPods
- When you turn on Bluetooth, if your AirPods are listed, but not connected.
- Select the AirPods from the list.
- Click the close (X) icon at the right end and remove them from the list of devices.
Step 4: Add the AirPods to Mac’s Bluetooth
- Now, place both the AirPods in their slots in the charging case.
- Keep the lid of the charging case open.
- Make sure you have the AirPods close to your Mac computer.
- When your AirPods are listed, select them and click the Connect button.
- If the AirPods are not listed, then go to the next step.
- If the AirPods still do not connect, then go to step 6.
Step 5: Pair your AirPods with Mac
If your AirPods are not listed in the Bluetooth window, then you have to pair them to your Mac. Use the steps given below.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on your Mac computer.
- Place the AirPods in the charging case and keep its lid open.
- Now, the Setup button on the charging case should be pressed until the status light turns white.
- Check whether the AirPods are listed in the Bluetooth on your Mac.
- Select your AirPods and click the Connect button.
Step 6: Reset the AirPods
If the AirPods are still not connecting, then Reset them using the below-mentioned steps.
- Remove the AirPods from the Bluetooth device list on your Mac.
- Put the AirPods inside the charging case and close the lid.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Now, open the lid on the charging case and hold the setup button located at the backside of the charging case until the status light turns amber.
- Now, try Airpods Not Connecting To Mac computer.